Making sure everyone can use your app, website or product
For your product to be successful, the “user journey“ has to be seamless – irrespective of your user’s skill levels or abilities.
Whether they have physical challenges, such as poor vision, hearing loss, and limited movement; or practical challenges, such as the lack of a mouse or a keyboard; we ensure that your product is easy to use, and adheres to defined accessibility guidelines and standards.
How we address accessibility issues
We assess the accessibility of a product using the WCAG (Web Content Accessibility Guidelines) and the WAI-ARIA (Web Accessibility Initiative - Accessible Rich Internet Applications) technical specification.
To look for accessibility issues, we begin with an audit of a select number of pages from your app or website, and put them through a series of manual tests.
We ask the questions:
- Do the selected pages adhere to the standards of WCAG?
- Are informational ARIA attributes being used where appropriate to enhance the use of assistive technologies, such as screen readers for the blind?
- Is appropriate code being used to define the textual content structure of the pages, such as headings, paragraphs, and navigation.
- Do images have textual descriptions where necessary?
- Are any downloadable PDF documents accessible?
- Are Flash technologies being used?
- Is access provided to multilingual content?
- Do pages perform well across all browsers and devices?
- Do pages function correctly with assistive technologies?
We also check that the following legal requirements are adhered to:
Following the audit, we will produce a detailed report that highlights any accessibility issues discovered, both on individual pages, and the app/site as a whole.
Where appropriate, we will include advice and recommendations on how to resolve these issues.
Want us to help with your project?
Drop us an email on firstname.lastname@example.org. We are keen to hear your requirements and discuss how we can help you achieve your project’s goals.